As a patient of the Mohawk Valley Health System (MVHS) you may be experiencing some of the concerns and questions listed below:
- I have insurance and I thought it would pay for most of my care. Why do I have such a large balance?
- Why did I receive bills from multiple providers?
- How am I going to pay for this and where will I get the money from?
- I am on a fixed income or budget. How do I pay for this?
- Will Medicaid help me pay the bill?
- Does the hospital have any programs that would help me?
- I don’t have insurance. I’ve never needed it before. Now what?
MVHS can provide you with several payment options and programs. If you are currently a patient in the hospital, we have on-site financial counselors that can assist you in setting up a payment plan. The counselor can discuss the options with you in person or over the phone.
Please call 315-368-0099.
Questions Regarding Estimated Costs of Upcoming Services
If you are having a test or procedure performed at an MVHS facility and would like to know your estimated cost of services, please contact our Customer Service Department by phone at 315-801-3420 or by email at email@example.com.
Please be aware that our costs do not include services provided by non-MVHS providers, including but not limited to TeamHealth Emergency Department doctors, Centrex lab services, pathology services, anesthesiologists, reading and interpreting of medical imaging tests by radiologists, etc. Your doctor(s) may not participate in your health plan in the same way as MVHS. Please contact your doctor to be provided with their costs also. In addition, some specialty departments such as our Level II Nursery may be considered "out of network" by your insurance carrier. Please contact your insurance carrier prior to your test or procedure for more information. Visit our Important Information About Paying For Your Care page for more information about third-party billing, sometimes referred to as "Surprise Billing".
Insurance Credentialing Coordinator
If you are provider needing to contact our Credentialing Coordinator please contact: